Wednesday 27 April 2011

Having a smashing time.

This year Greek Easter was the same day as it was here, and unusually the temperature was five degrees higher than it was in Athens (as my dad gleefully told all our Greek relations who called to wish us happy Easter). So we had a lovely family Easter in my mum and dad's big new garden, with delicious food including lamb souvlakia and tzoureki* cooked by my mum and my youngest brother.

2011-04-22 15.26.46

2011-04-24 14.11.53

We also introduced P to the traditional hard-boiled egg-cracking contest, a practice he took to with great enthusiasm.**

2011-04-24 17.24.26

* A sort of Easter bread/cake. My brother also made a marathopita ('fennel pie'), which was delicious but caused P much consternation since he was convinced there was grass in his bread!
**Strictly speaking the eggs should all be red, but the packet of dye I had included 5 colours and it seems churlish not to use them all.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Happy Easter! Your dyed eggs look fabulously tasteful and colourful.