Monday 11 February 2008

Twinkle, twinkle...

The "Asteraki" is finished, and this what it looks like blocking.

OK, so it's not great. Didn't really manage to get the hang of the border until the last quarter and it's not terribly even which is a bit frustrating. I didn't try too hard to pin it out evenly, since it was obvious that it wasn't going to be a great work of art no matter what I did, but I think it served its main purpose in giving me a test project to see whether I could work out the instructions from the Greek pattern. It also taught me another useful thing - not to try this pattern again. It's far too fiddly to be worth the effort and all you get for your trouble is small mishapen doilly!

2 comments:

Kirsty said...

Well, I still think it's a pretty impressive small, misshapen doily! Glad to hear the slipover is proving more amenable...

Liz said...

Didn't take trouble to pin it out! But you colour-coordinated them.